Tuesday, March 31, 2015

a few things that I've been pondering...

    There are some people that I have known over the years, who every fair complected. They have absolutely gorgeous, porcelain skin. Some had red hair, and some were blonde. Really striking young women. At some point they need to get glasses. It happens to the best of us. But can anyone out there tell my why these delicate, beautiful creatures decide they need to get big, heavy BLACK frames?? 


     I find it so confounding, it's like putting on a Batman helmet, or wearing a Lone Ranger mask. These big black frames are all you see when you look at them! I think a pair of small, light, or even rimless frames wouldn't detract from their looks. OK, that rant is over. Thanks for listening. 


    Now onto the big one. A while ago, Hubs and I went vehicle shopping. For me. We were just going to look. (Sure). We started at our local Jeep dealer. I have driven a Wrangler for about 9 years and I love it. We started out looking at the Wranglers, and while Hubs talked to the salesman about what we were looking for, I started circling the Cherokee that was there, right next to the salesman's desk. 


    Long story short, I ended up with a Cherokee Trail Hawk. It has many bells and whistles, but what sold me was the heated steering wheel, and seats. I loves me a warm tushie. Considering that this is my very first brand new vehicle, I think I did OK. 


    In my whole life, at least since I've been old enough to notice, I have not liked white cars. They just didn't appeal to me. And, they didn't appeal to many other people either. White cars were the last to be sold, usually at rock bottom prices. It seems that this has changed in recent years. Since my Cherokee is white, now I'm noticing how many white cars there are on the roads. I think a revolution has quietly begun. I also think that only cool people drive white cars.... Among those, I can name myself, my son Jesse, and my friends Kim and Bonny. And recently my Hubs, who is considering getting a beater car for better gas mileage. The one he's considering happens to be white... 


    So the next time you are out and about, around town, really look at the other cars on the road. I think you'll find that a significant portion will be white. 


   And lastly, I do miss my Wrangler. My left leg is bored now. The new Cherokee is an automatic. What I miss the most is the Wrangler Wave. I posted on facebook recently about that, and someone commented that a Jeep is a Jeep, and I should still wave. The silhouette of a Wrangler is so distinctive that it can be recognized from pretty far away. My Cherokee? Not so much. 


    I've been looking, really looking, in these last eight weeks, and every single car company, from Hyundai, Ford, Chevy, Honda and Kia, all the way up to Cadillac, Mercedes and Audi have vehicles with the same silhouette as the Cherokee. I see a familiar shape coming at me, and by the time I can decide if it's a Jeep or not, it's too late to wave. So I've decided not to try and start the waving thing for Cherokees. 


    I do get to see my old Wrangler, the kid who bought it works at a local pizza joint. When I drive past and see him (the Jeep) in the parking lot, I smile and wave to him. His name was 8. The new one is 9, because he's the 9th car I've ever owned or driven. If I can remember them all....

No comments:

Post a Comment