Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Another non-knitting post...

    This morning, as I was driving a friend's mom to work, I saw something I thought was unusual. There are several farms between here and there, complete with sheep. I'm used to seeing the sheep cavorting around.


    This morning, however, I was highly amused to see the sheep on one of the farms huddled, heads down, around those big rolled up hay bales. There were two sheep on each side of each bale. It was quite a sight to see the field spotted with bales of hay, each with eight sheep huddled head first into it. It made my morning.


    Also this morning, on the ride up, I mentioned that I had noticed that radio stations never tell you the time anymore! I remember when I was a kid, the DJ's were constantly telling you what time it was. Those of you who have seen Howard Stern's movie might remember that part. Melanie (the mom) and I decided that they probably figured most people have digital clocks both in the car, and on their phones, so they don't need to be told the time by the radio.


    Then on my ride back, I was listening to a local radio station, and the DJ told me the time! TWICE in less than half an hour! I made a mental note to mention it in my blog, and here it is. I figured I'd better get it down now before I forgot.

   It's only 7:30 in the morning! What else does this day have in store for me??
   

    P.S. Thinking about the Howard Stern movie, it wasn't the time he was pressured to tell constantly, it was the stations call letters. But perhaps you remember the time thing. I know I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment