Thursday, May 22, 2014

My Awesome Flea Market Find

   When I was at the flea market/craft fair last weekend, I didn't have to look far to find something really cool. My booth partner's daughter had some circular needles she wanted to sell. After looking at them, I instantly asked her how much she wanted for them. I got them for $5!


    I am pretty sure that some of them are vintage, I'm just not sure *how* vintage they are. We'll start with these little beauties. Little plastic circulars that are just the right size to make one sock:


    Then there is this one, complete with 50' style packaging:


    It's a one piece plastic (nylon) circular! There are about 4 more of these, but without any packaging:


   The coolest ones though, are these:


    I didn't realize this photo was so blurry. Anyway, these are circular needles with a METAL BRAIDED CORD. I have never seen anything like this. I have 6 of them, 3 little tiny ones like for a single sock, and 3 bigger ones. Maybe 24 inches long.


    There are also quite a few needles that don't seem to be too vintage, but some that are obviously older than what I'm used to. They have a more pronounced angle on them. Here's a photo of what I mean:


   I would be very interested to know if anyone has any idea how old these needles are, and if they are worth anything to collectors. Please feel free to leave a comment, send me an email, or contact me via facebook or twitter.


   Even if they are not worth anything, I am thrilled to have found them! Happy knitting, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment