Monday, May 5, 2014

What I've been up to lately...

    It's been a while since I last posted, and for that I apologize. Sometimes I have things to say that just can't be said. Or I just don't feel like posting that particular day. So I guess I've been really lazy.


    And lately I've been keeping secrets too. My mom was feeling left out of the information age, and especially missed seeing all the photos of the great-grandchildren that get posted on facebook. So.... she asked me about getting her a computer. Hubs and I looked at many different ones, then Hubs had the great idea of a tablet for her. No buttons! Touch screen! Easy peasy.


    So we researched and decided on the large size kindle fire HD. She already has a regular kindle, and is familiar with the concept. She herself called and got her own wifi hotspot. I was there today when it got turned on. The man who came was very helpful and understanding.


   She now has an email account of her own, and is signed up on facebook. We thought we'd start with just a couple of things to get her going. She is an intelligent woman, and can figure things out. Even if she went to a one room schoolhouse.... And she is 81 years old, and in nearly perfect health.


    If she decides she can't handle it, she can sell her kindle fire, and get rid of her hotspot. I thought she deserved to have a chance at catching up with the 21st century.


No comments:

Post a Comment