Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Four little things on my mind today

    The first being that I am coming down with something. It started right after I woke up from my nap early this afternoon. I took a nap because I didn't get much sleep last night. So after my nap, Hubs ran some errands, and I settled in to watch some telly.


   Shortly afterwards, my nose began to tickle, and then my throat joined in. I noticed that mucus production had begun in earnest. By 2:30, I took some of my favorite cold medicine. It's beginning to wear off at this point.


    I'm starting to really feel like crap. I'm going to go to Stitch n Bitch tomorrow anyway. I may not stay as long as usual, it will depend on how I'm feeling at the time.


    Second: Last Friday night I babysat for my grandkids so my son and daughter-in-law could have a date night. It was fun! Knowing my grandson Mason is fascinated my motorcycles, I had my Hubs ride his over when I went. Mason was so excited! I think Grandpa Mike is one of his favorite people now. He got to sit on it, and even start it and rev the engine a little.



    Third, even though I feel like crap, I got some knitting done today. Yay for me.

    And finally, I realized today that another Summer has passed that I didn't get to drive my Jeep down to Lake Peekskill and have a look around. I lived there until 1969, the Summer I turned 13. Ever since my kids were in high school, I wanted to take them there and show them where I lived for my formative years. I would like to see what's changed and what's the same, although after all these years there's probably nothing left I'd recognize.

No comments:

Post a Comment