Tuesday, December 17, 2013

It's appropriate that it snowed today

    Today is our 25th wedding anniversary. Yup, 25 years ago I said "I do" and became the wife of my best friend and soul mate.


    I remember that day very well. We got married at the house where my in-laws were living at that time. There was a big, open, empty apartment in the basement, perfect for the reception. My brother made all of the food we ate, and bought us our cake. It snowed that day too, quite hard; some of our guests couldn't make it. That night was the night that there was an explosion at the Holiday Inn in Fishkill, right down the hall from where my new Hubs' grandparents were sleeping. I believe their car got slightly damaged.


    So I find myself reminiscing about that night, now. It is still snowing here, although lightly now, not so hard as it was earlier. And here we are, 25 years later. Sara is married, and just had a baby. I have reconnected with son James, and our son Jesse just got engaged. Life is good. I hope the next 25 years go as smoothly....

No comments:

Post a Comment