Saturday, January 11, 2014

Today's Pet Peeve

    It's been a  while since I voiced any pet peeves. Recently this one has been really bugging me. I have a nook, and my Hubs has a kindle. When I go shopping for new ebooks, I like to read through the whole description. I want to know if it's worth my money to purchase it.


    That's all fine and dandy, except when I go to open a new ebook to read it, and discover I paid good money for a stupid book that's only 100 pages long! And there, dear reader, is my pet peeve. Why can't Barnes and Noble, and Amazon too for that matter, put in the descriptions how many pages a book is?


    I have actually gone to the mother-site of Barnes and Noble, looking for a way to let them know that this would be appreciated by their readers, but could not find any way to get through to them. I haven't tried Amazon yet, I got pretty discouraged by my experience with bn. I'm hoping they will be easier to contact.


    There has been more than one time that I was upset about the page count of a book. This was brought sharply into contrast yesterday, when I opened a new book to read and discovered it was over 700 pages! I actually cheered!


    You should know that I rarely spend more than $10 for an ebook. I even page through all the free and less than $5 selections first. So it really upsets me when I don't feel I got my money's worth.


    Has this become an issue for any of you, readers? If so please feel free to comment and tell me your stories. I would love to hear them.


    OK, OK, I shouldn't have listened to the Hubs. It turns out that Amazon DOES  tell you the page count. He just never noticed... Sorry for the confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment