Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Crafting Rant and Two P.S.'s

    You know how, in a movie or a TV show, they (attempt to) show someone either knitting or crocheting, and they get to SOOOO wrong? Like someone in a commercial who is knitting on a obviously crocheted afghan? Or when they show someone actively crocheting on a granny square afghan? WRONG!! Can you tell it makes me crazy?


    My most fervent wish would be for me to be the one that the movie/TV industry hires to make sure they get it right. A "Crafting Consultant" of sorts. I am pretty sure that I'm not the only crafter that is annoyed by these unnecessary oversights. I can't begin to tell you how many movies and TV shows this has ruined for me.


    Another one that bugs me is when they show someone sitting down to knit, and when they pick up their knitting, they are in the middle of a row! I know of absolutely no knitter, ever, who would stop in the middle of a row. Unless she could get back to it right away. I think it's a very deeply ingrained knitting behavior, we just can't stop until the current row is completed.  Crocheters, on the other hand, have no compunction about stopping whenever, or wherever, they want.


    OK, I think this rant is over. I feel better already. Thanks for listening! If anyone has any thoughts, please feel free to leave a comment.


    P.S.  I would like to thank my high school typing teacher, Mr. Knickerbocker, the bow tie wearer. He was wearing them before they were cool (Doctor Who reference).   I failed his class. If only he could see me now! I hardly ever have to look at the keys any more....


    P.P.S.  I've had this laptop nearly three years now, and to my total surprise, the N key is the one that is most worn.  All the other keys still look like new! This is just one of those random things that occur to me on a daily basis.    

No comments:

Post a Comment