Monday, March 3, 2014

Seems like progress is slow

    I calculated that I've done about 6 rounds a day on my Pi Shawl. I figured this out today at Bonny's house. The last time I was there was two days ago and while I was there, I did a lace round, which is a yarn over then knit 2 together. Or YO, K2tog in knitspeak. While I was there today, I did another lace round. Since they are 12 rounds apart, that makes 6 rounds a day.


    That doesn't seem like much, but at 288 stitches each round, that gives you a total of over 1700 stitches per day. And in 28 more rounds, the stitch count will double again. Yee haw. That's when the fun really begins, and the progress seems even slower! And don't even get me started on the border! But I think that in the long run it'll be worth it, and I'll have a gorgeous circular shawl.


    I'm hoping that this one will be bigger than the last two I made. I could re-block them to make them bigger, which is something I am considering. Although I have no space, either on the carpet or a big spare bed, on which to do so. I bought two skeins of this yarn, so I doubt I'll run out before it's big enough. Although it's a real possibility that I will lose my mind in the process...

No comments:

Post a Comment