Saturday, February 22, 2014

Adventures in Babysitting

    I was thrilled that this week I was able to physically get to Sara's house and babysit for little Owen. I missed him last week. I told Hubs that by the time I see him he will probably be walking and talking and swearing! But he wasn't. He was definitely a little bigger, and much more responsive. Lots of smiling and laughing.


    I just can't figure out how come taking care of an infant is so exhausting! It's not like he's running around or anything. I am so tired by the time I get to go home. Yesterday, we had a special moment. He was getting fussy, so I decided to hold him for a while. I laid him on my chest kind of sideways, with his head in the bend of my right elbow. He seemed comfortable there, so I started rocking him. Out of nowhere, I started singing "Soft Kitty" to him. After I sang it once, he looked up at me and smiled! Then he closed his eyes and went to sleep. I sang that stupid song over and over again.


    Today I went with Sara to see my mom. She takes Owen every two weeks to see her. I went this time because I had promised mom I would come see her while Hubs is gone and I haven't gone yet. Besides, I wanted to get a photo or two of her holding Owen.


    And because he's so darn cute, here's a close up of Owen!


    There's more about what happened at Sara's, but it wasn't to do with Owen. I'm saving it for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment