Sunday, February 16, 2014

What I've been up to

    Part III of the storm wasn't much at all. We got another 1 to 1.5 inches of the white stuff.  After the almost 2 feet of snow from parts I and II, that was nothing. Hubs spent most of the day trying and finally succeeding clearing the lower part of our driveway, with a lot of help from the next door neighbor's plow guy, and his childhood friend Gary. It was a very large task, he wouldn't have been able to do it alone with just his snow blower. The berm at the top of that part of the driveway was over 6 feet tall.


    What I really wanted to tell you about today was an adventure I had after this past weeks Stitch n Bitch. Kim H and I went on a short road trip to Hobby Lobby. She needed something, I forget what, and as long as I was there, I found a couple of things I had needed! First, I found that they had some of the plastic rings I couldn't find anywhere else. The ones I use for the Lazy Kim's Cat Toys. I also found some black elastic thread to use in the top ribbing of my legwarmers. Huzzah!


    Of course, I haven't worked on them in days, since Hubs came home for the weekend, and I want to spend as much time with him as I can before he has to go back. In fact he's taking me out to dinner tonight, and this time we are actually going to go out, not just ordering in.


    I've also been enjoying watching the Curling tournament at the Olympics. I feel bad that our men's and women's teams aren't doing very well, but it's amazing to watch.


    Tomorrow I will get back to work on the legwarmers. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment