Friday, February 14, 2014

The Big Storm, Part II

    The last storm was bad, and when I went to bed last night, the weatherman was telling me that there would be up to another 6 inches by morning today. I figured I could break through that berm in four wheel drive, and get to Sara's to watch Owen.


    HA the weatherman was  *surprise* wrong!  When I got up and opened my front door, all I could say was "HOLY SHIT!" There was more snow last night than all of the more than 20 hours of the last storm! The walkway to the front door looked like it had never even been shoveled! The Jeep was buried so deep I wasn't sure we could get it out. But plow guy Matt got it out. He is a miracle worker.


    You see, we park on the side of the road, and the county plows throw lots more snow on our cars than you can imagine. You know how you get upset when the end of your driveway gets plowed in? The entire front of our property is where we park. There used to be 3 vehicles there, now there's just Hubs' truck and my Jeep.


    Needless to say, I didn't make it to Sara's. Again. I feel so bad, but I don't think she will get in trouble for not going in to work. I was really shocked by how much snow we got hit with. Here is a photo of the Jeep, followed by our shoveled walkway.

 
 
     And they are saying it's not over yet. It's supposed to snow again tomorrow. KMN. It may not look like much, but the snow depth on the walkway is at least 24". Let's hope tomorrow's post is NOT entitled "The Big Storm, Part III" !!                         

No comments:

Post a Comment