Wednesday, July 20, 2011

From poolside

  Coming to you today from poolside, it's ME! It's too freakin' hot to go anywhere, or do anything, even though it's just shy of noon. I got to spend a pleasant hour with my favorite dyer/knitter this morning, as Cherub took karate class. Her esteemed instructor is MY cherub, fyi. Some, nay many, would argue that he is no cherub. In fact he's all grown up, much to my dismay. But I digress.
   Todays thoughts will be focused on a book that I purchased in a reputable book store, several years ago. I searched for it this morning, and couldn't find it; I wanted to give you the exact title and author. It is a trilogy of books put together into a single volume. It is about werewolves, and all that. I started reading it, and I doubt I got further than maybe 50 or 100 pages. I was really getting annoyed at the book/author. It was not coherent, the story line went rambling off in wierd directions, and worst of all, words were misspelled. A totally unforgivable sin, as far as I am concerned!
   It was reading like it was very badly translated from another language, perhaps German, as the authors name seemed germanic; or was written by a pre-pubescent person! Either way, it seemed very badly edited. I found the publishers info, and sent them off an email, with my comments and questions. To this day, I have yet to receive and answer or acknowledgement.
   My thought at the time was to force myself to read the book, use diferent colored highighters to highlight the errors in grammar, spelling, story line, etc., and perhaps send it back to the publisher for comment. Either that, or use it as a sort of resume of my own proof-reading skills.
   I put the book aside, and now it's not to be found. obviously, it's still on my mind.
Rave for today is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment