Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Thoughts for Today

    I went to bed last night without posting! I guess I had nothing to say, for once. I still feel as though I have nothing to say, but decided I better come up with something.
   It is very depressing not having a job. I have been out of work 2 years, 2 weeks and 2 days...   I was fine while my unemployment was coming in, at least it was something. It was very difficult and depressing looking for work at that time, because no one was paying anywhere near what I had been making. Even with taking 20% off per the unemployment people, that was still way more than companies were offering. The good news was that, while on UI, I didn't have to take any job offering less than that number. Even with those guidelines, I still never applied for a job while on UI...
   Now that my UI has run out, it's really getting tight. I'm having to ask my Hubs for money for groceries, gas, everything! The one thing I won't ask for is money for yarn. There would be no point. So, I'm knitting and crocheting from my stash, only buying new yarn when I really need some to finish a project.
   I have even applied for jobs, and had an interview. It sucks waiting, it's like the ultimate rejection. I even applied at 3 different jobs at IBM, I was told to by a supervisor there, was given specific job I.D. numbers to apply for, and STILL was rejected. (Oh, yeah, they really need people to works nights...) There's nothing more depressing than an oh-so-polite rejection email.
   But still I face the world with a smile, still have a positive attitude. After all, there's awlays hope, isn't there? It could always be worse, couldn't it? At least I have a wonderful Hubs, and my kids are relatively happy, and I'm not going hungry.
   Now that I've thoroughly depressed myself, It's time to go. I will leave you with a quote from a dear friend from High School that I've since lost touch with:

NOD NOT.

   I have no idea what it means, but he was always saying it, and it makes me happy. Of course, he was probably stoned out of his gourd all thru high school, so who knows what he really meant to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment