Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Life with a Curmudgeon

    I apologise for not posting yesterday. The only thing that happened that was blog worthy happened so late, and I was so very tired, I thought I'd just wait until this morning.


    You see, this is the time of year that Hubs and I have what is perhaps one of our greatest conflicts. It's nice outside during the day, and I open the windows. It still gets kind of chilly at night, and Hubs insists on closing the windows. As I mentioned in an earlier post, he's always cold, where I am having power surges that could melt a glacier, should I happen to be near one.


    We have a sliding glass door in our bedroom that goes out to a small balcony that overlooks the pool. Last night, he had that closed, and when I went in there, I mentioned that it was very warm in there. He told me I could open the door, as long as I closed it when I came to to go to bed. I told him I'd rather leave it closed now, and open it when  I come in to bed. He didn't like that.


    At that time, I looked at the thermometer on the wall in the living room, and it was 77 degrees inside the house. I told him that I doubted that the house would cool off more than 10 degrees during the night, which would have caused the heat to come on. He still made me close all the windows. Curmudgeon.


    Well, as long as he's comfortable. I've told him that the TV gives off heat on my back that feel like the sun, but as long as he's comfortable... He wants the windows closed. As long as he's comfortable! We do have a ceiling fan in our bedroom. One of these nights I'll be sorely tempted to turn it on. Then he'd really freak. But maybe, just maybe, I might be comfortable!!


    Don't get me wrong, he really is a sweetie. He is generous, and loving, and kind. But there is just this ONE thing..... The Mother-in-law Curse.... that causes trouble. And it's all her fault! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment