Sunday, May 12, 2013

We missed it by THAT much!

    My youngest child took his grandmother, his sister, and myself out to lunch for Mother's Day, yesterday. His best girl Julie came too! That was a smart idea, since Mother's Day is the busiest day in the whole year for diners and restaurants. We had a really nice lunch!


    After lunch, Sara and I were going to take my great grandmother's watch back to the Watchpital. Unfortunately, we lingered over lunch just a little bit too long. By the time we got there, they were closed. We missed them by ten minutes! We were both surprised that they closed so early. We weren't worried about it, or we would have stopped before lunch. It never occurred to us that they would close so early on a Saturday!


    Today is actually Mother's Day, and I got to kiss my Hubs goodbye, and wish him a safe trip. He's gone for training for work again. This time it's only a few days. So I guess I got what a lot of moms wish for, a day all to myself! He did get me a beautiful card, it made my eyes leak a little bit. I will admit up front that no sooner was he gone, than I broke out my huge jar of dill pickles and had one.


    I wonder what other forbidden things I can do while he's gone? Make some tuna salad? Buy an onion and cook with it? I'll have to put my thinking cap on...

No comments:

Post a Comment