Well, I put on my big girl panties, settled in, turned the light way up and attached the eyes to the shawl. I turned the light up because it's hard crocheting with black yarn in the semi-dark. And here's a photo to show my progress as of yesterday afternoon:
And here is a closer shot of the skull:
Since then, I have done more rows, and I'm now ready to add the eyes on the next row of skulls. In fact, I whipped them up this morning when I was hanging out with the Cherub. I know I've done it the once already, but I'm still a bit nervous about doing it. I guess at some point I'll get over it, since there are at least 21 sets of eyes in this shawl.
In fact, this morning, Cherub and I had a great idea. We decided I should make her a Super Hero mask, like the eyes, only bigger. That's something to think about. I'm pretty sure I could whip something up based on the eyes of the skull. For now, that idea will have to go on the back burner. I want to work on this shawl....