Thursday, July 4, 2013

Huzzah!

    I think I'm saved! Yesterday whilst digging through a stash pile, I found a WIP that I haven't seen in a good, long time. "Perfect!" I thought. "Now I have something to knit at the parade tomorrow!"


    It's a shawl, made with Lion Brand's now-discontinued Moonlight Mohair. I even have someone to give it to when it's done. One of the other karate moms wanted it, way back when I working on it at the karate school. It's a long rectangle wrap type shawl. And it's almost finished, as I was on the last skein of yarn that I had.
   

 
    This yarn is so pretty, with sparkles. But it's a bit too scratchy for my taste. I can't wait to see how it looks and feels after I wash it.
 
 
    P.S. My fellow Stitch n Bitchers Jan and Kim as well as myself, always knit as we watch the local parades every year. This will be the last parade for Jan, however, as she is moving this weekend to Portland, Oregon. I envy her so much! I spent time there with Hubs a few years ago, and it was awesome. I would love to go back. Now we know someone who lives there, and it gives Kim and me an excuse to go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment