Monday, September 3, 2012

A Postal Rant... Or, The Really Late Birthday Present

    About 9 days ago, I ordered a beautiful, perfectly me, bracelet from a website I found, ebracelets.com. I chose the regular mail option for shipping, because the other choices, FedEx or UPS, cost more than the bracelet did.


   I received my confirmation email on Monday, one week ago, saying that I should receive my package in 1 - 3 days. I made myself wait until Thursday to go to the Post Office and check. There was no package. I even went up to the counter and asked the nice postal clerk, who knows me, to check for me. Still no package.


   When I got home, I re-opened the email, and found a tracking link. This is the most recent tracking info, from Friday night.



    At the bottom, you can see they shipped it from Westport CT. on 8/28. It only took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get to Jersey City, NJ. The line above that one shows when it left Jersey City. My question would be WHY THE FRACK DID IT NEED TO SIT IN FRACKING JERSEY CITY FOR 60 FRACKING HOURS??


    Following the chart up one more line, we see that it took another 22 hours to get to another city in NJ, Kearny, where it sat for a mere 5 minutes. That is the last time it was tracked. Friday fracking night. Just for shits and giggles, I checked the mail again on Saturday. My package still wasn't there.


   Being justifiably upset, I sent off an email to the bracelet company. I realize it's not really their fault, but an unhappy customer might not order from them again. The response I got was disappointing, to say the least. The owner patted himself on the back for shipping my package so quickly, "YAY team", and stated it's not his  fault if the mail is slow. He also sort of said it was more my own fault, since I chose the shipping method. Huh?


    I have always had pretty good luck with the Postal Service in general, with the exception of our local Post Office. See one of my very early posts for that story. This whole thing has left a very bad taste in my mouth, and I will probably not order from them again. I feel the least they could have done was appologise, and perhaps offer free upgraded shipping on my next order.


    This bracelet was my birthday present to myself. The earliest I will get it will be tomorrow, 5 days after my birthday. My advice to you all is IF you decide to order an awesome bracelet from ebracelets.com, go for the upgraded shipping. It seems it might just be worth it, to not get so aggravated.

No comments:

Post a Comment