Saturday, September 1, 2012

New Project Started!

    Before my birthday lunch with son Jesse and his girlfriend Julie, I had time to hit the Hobby Lobby store in Poughkeepsie. I went there because they are the only store in the entire area that carries the Bernat Baby Coordinates yarn, in the colors I need, for the blanket I am going to make. By the way, Hubs requested I stick to the original design of the blanket, the 12 pointed star.


    The aforementioned colors are: white, yellow, peach, soft pink, lavender, soft blue, and soft green. 1 skein each of the white and yellow, 2 each of the rest. I also got some different yarn, enough for a second blanket, of a different design. But also one that I have made many, many times. I thought it was only fair to make both.


   I was done buying yarn early, so I went to the restaurant and sat crocheting in the parking lot until the kids got there. I finished the chain of 152, and the first row of single crochet while I waited.


    We had a very nice lunch! It was great to hear the adventures of the new kitten in their house. I hope they find a new name for him soon, as I don't think Pesto really fits his personality. Jess and I agreed that they should ask his grandma, my mom, as she is a genius at naming animals. I can't wait to hear what she comes up with.

  Perhaps by tomorrow, I will have taken photos of my birthday presents, and the progress on the 1st baby blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment