Sunday, September 16, 2012

On to new a project!

     As I mentioned in yesterdays post, I bought some really soft cotton, which I am using to make another blanket for one of the babies that are coming. Now, I have never made a cotton blanket before, so I have no idea what will happen when I wash the blanket. See? Yet another very good reason to launder something you make, before gifting or selling.


    I am curious to see if it shrinks or not. Even if it does, it's a bit long, so it should be OK. I made one of these blankets for Julie, Jesse's girlfriend, and after washing, it was actually a square. I have no idea how that happened, it had never happened before.
It just goes to show you, you never can tell what any yarn will do, even if you have used it before!


    This blanket will be a first for me, besides being made of cotton yarn. I made a border of pink on one long side, when I get to the other side, of course it will be pink too.  This time, I am going to put a border on the top and bottom of the blanket. I have never done that before. I have never even put tassels on one. I am not a big fan of tassels.  So here is a photo of my progress so far!


    I thought that just two sides being pink wasn't enough. I think it will look good being totally surrounded in the pink. And this baby is definitely a girl, so the use of pink is OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment