Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A couple of thoughts...

   First, I am making progress on the second of the three cat beds for Sara's cats. It's been very different for me. It took me a while to figure out how to make the sides stand up without crocheting wire into it. So far, it's working.




   The second thought has to do with the weather. It rained all day yesterday, and all night last night. It was still raining a little bit this morning. As of right now, we've only had about 4 hours of the sun shining. Not long enough to dry the wetness of the grass.


    Which beings me to the point. I was sitting here, having my coffee when I heard a lawnmower running. I sat here, thinking about all the rain we had. I wasn't surprised to hear the mower keep cutting out, restarting, then cutting out again. It's very clear to me that this man and his family aren't from around here, they are city folks. Hopefully he figured out that it's counterproductive to try to mow wet grass.


    It reminds me of the time when a couple from New York City moved in next door to my ex in-laws. After the husband mowed the back yard, he took the cut grass an spread it all over the front yard. He thought it would sprout roots and grow there.


    And another couple who moved into the neighborhood that put their garbage out, and wondered why it didn't get picked up. They didn't know that outside of NYC, you have to pay for that service. When my family moved into our house in Wappingers Falls, in 1969, there was a thing called the Welcome Wagon. A person came to your house to welcome you to the town or neighborhood. They had all kinds of information you needed, such as the garbage thing, and coupons for local stores, They gave us all kinds of neat stuff.


    Doesn't this organization exist any more? These days, it's needed more than ever, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment