Monday, June 17, 2013

Man Tools, Who Knew?

    Today, Hubs decided it's time to take the cover off of the pool. I volunteered to help, even though I can't do much to be really helpful. I am there primarily for moral support. I skimmed yucky stuff off the cover, which took a lot out of me. I had to stop and catch my breath quite a bit. But every little bit helps.


    Once we got the cover off the pool, Hubs asked me to take the broom and sweep the leaves and pine needles away from the edge of the pool. He only needed them 6 - 12 inches away. Again, it took me a while, but he was in no hurry. After I was done and resting, he went into the garage and got out a lawn mower looking thing.


    Seriously, this thing vacuumed up the leaves and pine needles from the walkway around the pool. I watched him perform this task with my mouth hanging open. And when he was all done, I said to him "So that thing is a vacuum cleaner for men, and looks like a lawn mower so they don't feel girly!" He wasn't happy, but he agreed with me. I just chuckled.


    He's gone off to price the chemicals we need for the pool, and I'm back upstairs in my chair. I'm exhausted. I think I will need a nap later, especially since I didn't sleep well last night.


    I haven't been crafting much lately, I really want to wait until we are absolutely sure of the sex of the baby. Right now, it seems it's a boy, but it's not 100% certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment