Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Updates

    Well, it never did storm. We had some rain overnight, but no thunderboomers. I took a two day rest from the blog, I just didn't have anything to say. It was too fracking hot to knit, so I haven't finished up the cat bed for Ozzy yet. This morning it was too fracking cold to have to get up and move, but I went and hung out with the Cherub.


    It was even more awesome that she was still asleep when I got there. I woke her up at the prescribed time, to get ready for school. In the entire year and a half that I've been keeping her company, this is the first morning that she's been asleep when I got there. It was actually wonderful, I got to sit and read in the peace and quiet for a while. I had brought my kindle fire with me, since I had gotten a couple of new games that I thought she might like. Maybe next week she'll be awake.


     Remember when I told you all about my great grandmother's watch? That I had taken it to be fixed and cleaned up? I don't remember if I told you about the aftermath. It was cleaned up, but it still didn't work. So Hubs and I took it back to the guy in Fishkill. This was about three weeks ago, maybe more. Well, he just called me a little while ago, and said it was ready. I immediately called Hubs, since he's in Fishkill. I thought maybe he would have enough time left on his lunch break to go and get it.


     He said he would try, but if not today, he would make a special trip just to get it. Now, we have already paid this guy a chunk of change to do the work he already did. And the watch still didn't work. That's why I want him to get it, I wouldn't have the guts to call the guy on it. My Hubs is like his mom that way. She never took any bullshit from anyone. The Sears home repair crew all cringed at the mention of her name. I believe she put the fear of God into each and every one of them at one time or another.


     I look forward to reporting to you on the condition of my 100+ year old watch. I also am looking forward to wearing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment