Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Blanket Conundrum

     The other day, I was searching through a closet looking for a shawl I had made. It was in there, but I also found a bag of my favorite baby blanket yarn. And inside the bag? A nearly complete Pastel Rainbow Baby Blanket.


     I've been making this blanket for years. So many years that I don't need the pattern for reference any more. I've changed it a little bit over the years, usually in the last round. Originally, the last round had the holes that are in the rest of the rounds.



    So the one I found, almost complete, was one I remember starting. I wondered where it was! It was different that all the others. I did the color sequence in reverse. Usually it starts with white, and ends with green. I made this one starting with the green and ending with white.


 
    Yesterday, I finished it. There were only three rounds left to go. Well, four including the one that was partway done. It took me all day, as my shoulder would start hurting from the crochet position. But I eventually got it done. Today I took some photos of the both of them, so you can see the difference.



    I will present them both to Sara and let her choose which one she prefers. I'd like to know what you all think.  Here are the photos of close ups of each of them.

 
 


    It's funny, I looked at the blankets in person, but it wasn't until I saw the photos that I decided I like the original one better.  Looking forward to some input!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I like both. If I received one, I would be happy with either!

    ReplyDelete