Saturday, June 15, 2013

Doin' the Happy Dance

    Weeks and weeks ago, my eldest child and only daughter Sara sent me picture message. It was pretty early in the morning, and I was still in bed. The photo was of a pregnancy test stick, showing a positive result. The text read "Holy crap!"


    She and her husband Mike have been very happily married for almost three years now. They have an awesome house, with a gorgeous front porch, complete with the proverbial white picket fence around the little front yard. This is my favorite photo of them together:




   And now they are finally going to have a baby. I do have two grandchildren already, from my elder son, but there is just something special about your only daughter having a baby. She and I have such a connection. She has been through a lot with me. My first disastrous marriage, and the years of her living with my parents. She was so happy when I finally found my soul mate and current Hubs.


    As you can imagine, I was itching to start crocheting and knitting baby things. I am very proud of the fact that I held out for eight hours until I started the first crocheted blanket. Here is a photo of what it looks like. This one's not a secret.


    The colors don't show up on this photo, but it's a pastel rainbow 12 pointed star. All her friends have gotten them, and that was the one that she requested. Well, all  except for the one friend that, for some reason, I decided to do hers round with no points. I must have had a flash of the future, because that baby got a round bassinet!


    To end today's tirade, just know that I have been working on baby things, but they are secret projects, as I'm saving them for the baby shower. And she reads this blog. I don't want to give anything away! Excuse me while I do the Happy Dance again!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! That is a lovely picture of your daughter, by the way. I hope you wallow in grandmotherly goodness all this week!

    ReplyDelete