Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Family. It can be very complicated.

   Something happened in my family. I'm fuming, and I've been trying for days to figure out how to say what needs saying without offending anyone in my family.


    I don't think it can be done. I tried already, and it got nasty. Let me just say to everyone that there are two sides to every story, and when you hear negative stories about people in your family, please don't judge. Investigate on your own. Ask questions of the people involved. I'm sure they will be happy to talk to you. Just don't wait too long. Older people aren't going to be around forever, much as we can't imagine them not always being there.


     Piece of advice #2. What happened in the past is over. Holding a grudge is like poison in your system. No good can come of holding on to negativity.


    Piece of advice #3. Your parents are human. They make mistakes. Your grandparents too. Everyone makes mistakes. We are not always proud of what we have done, but it's in the past. Let's be nice to each other, before it's too late. See #2.


    I think I have made my point. Don't go verbally attacking your elderly relatives. ASK them questions, nicely. There is no need to be abusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment