Friday, March 8, 2013

another snowy adventure

    Well, we got hit with the snow storm yesterday, last night, and today. Yesterday, it wasn't bad. It snowed pretty much all day but wasn't sticking. But today was another story. We only got a couple, maybe three, inches. But it's a heavy wet snow.


    I had to go out this morning. It was still snowing like mad at that time. It took longer than I expected to clean the snow off the Jeep. I was in 4-wheel drive to get out of my driveway, and down my road to Rte.9. Rte 9 was just wet, so I turned off the 4WD. The side roads were slushy, but not too bad, I didn't slide or slip at all.


    When I got to the Temple, however, I pulled into the driveway, and put the 4WD back on. It hadn't been plowed yet. I spent most of the day in pleasant company, helping my good friend Jan set up for her son's Bar Mitzvah. I've never been to one before, and I'm honored and excited to have been invited!


    We re-arranged the tables a little bit, then put tablecloths on them.  Then time was spent unwrapping cellophane from the candles, then setting them up for the center pieces.  Jan and her son Sean put the favors at all the place settings. There were nice people there from the caterer's and from the Temple itself, who placed all the silverware and napkins on the tables.


    When we were finally done, Jan took us out to lunch at the Brewery, here in Hyde Park. The food was awesome. I'm really looking forward to this event tomorrow. I haven't knitted at all today, I'm ashamed to admit. But it's not over yet. I might have time to get a few rounds in.

No comments:

Post a Comment