I decided to place a stitch marker every 50 stitches, and double or triple count each section before moving on to the next. I even counted all the stitches again, while doing the first row. It was K1 P1 ribbing, and the first of three rows. Only one section had the wrong stitch count, there were 51 stitches in there. When I got the end of that section, I just K2tog. And that took care of that.
I knit my way through almost the whole three rows of ribbing, before going to visit Kim and Cherub at Karate late in the afternoon. By evening, my yarn holding finger started to hurt. I am not used to using sock weight yarn. By bedtime I had close to an inch of knitting done on this sweater.