Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A knitty problem

    I have only been knitting again for maybe two years. Something like that. Maybe 15 years ago, I tore the rotator cuff in my left shoulder. I actually did it in my sleep, HOW? I have no idea.... I had surgery, went through the physical therapy, all that.



    I thought that was the end of it. Not quite. No one ever mentioned to me the possibility that I could develop Arthritis in that joint. Now, all these years later, I got it. It hurts, a lot. I got a hand weight to use to help exercise and stretch out the joint.  It has really helped.


    Remember the other day, I said I was going to spend some time with Bonny and knit? Well, I did, and for the first time in a long time I got some time to just sit and knit. Now comes the problem. As I sat and knit for maybe 6 or 8 rows, my shoulder started to hurt. And then it hit me. That's why I have avoided knitting lately! I didn't even realize it. It hurts when it's NOT being used. It's insane. I have no idea what I'm gonna do about it, besides buy some Tylenol Arthritis.

No comments:

Post a Comment