Saturday, August 24, 2013

Reading, Crocheting and Arthritis Report

   I am currently enjoying the 12th book of the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton.  It's called Incubus Dreams, and like all the rest, it's really good.


    I actually crocheted today, in between bouts of reading. The day passed pretty quickly, and before I knew it, it was after 6 pm! I woke up at 4:45 this morning, which really is the ass crack of dawn. I made a trip to the ladies room, and then in my half awake stupor, went into the kitchen and turned on the coffee maker. I forgot that Hubs wasn't scheduled to work today.  I got back into bed, but couldn't get back to sleep, I couldn't get comfortable. I eventually got up and had some coffee. But by 9,  I was getting really tired even after two cups of coffee. So I went back to bed and took a nap.


    A few weeks ago, I noticed that the exercises I had been doing with the hand weight weren't working any more. I was at my wits end, I didn't know what to do next. The pain was becoming excruciating. Suddenly I had a thought. Couldn't I stretch the joint out in a doorway or an outer wall corner? I've been doing that now, and it's working! It seems like every other day I feel uncomfortable, which is way better than pain every day.


    I asked Hubs to model the move for me for a photo, so you could see what it looks like, but he wouldn't do it. So I had him photograph me while doing it:


    After this move, I usually turn sideways so I can stretch it out the other way. I usually do it in the bathroom, on my way out. It is really working. You may not be able to tell from this photo, but the  burgundy wall end that my arm is on actually sticks out about 4 inches from the short wall. That way, I can really step into the stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment