Bright and early this morning after my first cup of coffee, I began the Great Laundry Detergent Experiment. I followed the directions on the website, and it worked! The solid stuff melted, the grainy stuff absorbed, it all got poured into the mason jars, and after twenty minutes, it was separated just like in the photos on the website.
And in only an hour and a half more, I will be screwing the mixer blades onto the first mason jar and whipping the crap out of it. Then it will officially be finished. I can't wait to do my first load of laundry with it!
I took a photo of the jars to show the separation, but for some reason the USB ports in my laptop have stopped working. I had intended to photograph the whole process, but forgot to get the camera. I wouldn't have had time to take any photos anyway, once you get started, you can't stop stirring.
During the four hours I have to wait, I went to the store, took two bags of bottles and cans back, and now I'm knitting to pass the time. I'm still working on the super secret knitting project, and it's still almost one quarter done.