Sunday, August 4, 2013

And now for something completely different....

    This morning while trolling on facebook, I came across a recipe for home made laundry detergent. I read through it completely, and was instantly fascinated. I thought I might try to make it.

    I made a list of the ingredients and since I had to make a supermarket run anyway, I thought I would see if they had what I needed. And they had everything! Well, except the canning jars. But I know of a local drug store that carries that kind of stuff year round, so I stopped there on my way home. I had to buy a dozen jars when I only need two but I can give the rest to a friend who cans.

    The last obstacle was a working blender. I have one that for sure doesn't work, and one I wasn't sure about. I just got it down, plugged it in and tried it. IT WORKS! So tomorrow I will be making the laundry detergent as shown in this link...

    It doesn't seem very difficult. If I didn't have a working blender I was going to follow the alternate instructions. It sure will save some money! Look for a future report on how it well it works. We have some clothing in this house that seems permanently stained. This new stuff could take care of that..... I will definitely let you know.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to find out if you like the way it works!