Monday, August 26, 2013

A visit to the Twilight Zone....

    Let me start out by saying that every year, I dread the week of the Dutchess County Fair. We live fairly close to it, right off the main road that goes through Hyde Park, then up into the village of Rhinebeck and past the fair grounds.


    The traffic gets pretty heavy, and it's annoying to say the least. This year, we went across the Hudson River twice to go to the Harley dealer where Hubs recently  purchased his bike. To avoid the traffic, we went south and across the Mid-Hudson Bridge in Poughkeepsie, then north up Rte. 9W to Kingston.


    Now, I had never gone this way before. It was with great amusement that I noticed, and pointed out to Hubs, that for a brief time Rte. 9W NORTH and Rte. 32 SOUTH were the SAME ROAD. It was only for between 1/4 and 1/2 a mile. Someday, I am going to travel that route again, just so I can stop and take a photo of the two signs, one above the other. It really felt like I was in the Twilight Zone for a minute or two.


    On the crafty side of things, I haven't crocheted in the last couple of days. I got a text message from my older son, his mother-in-law wanted me to teach her to crochet. I am not a great teacher, of anything. I suggested she check out youtube, there are tons of how to crochet videos posted there. I told him that I am willing to go over and help with anything she has a problem with. In anticipation of that visit, I haven't been crocheting. Hope it doesn't sound like a lame excuse. I have to admit it sounded better in my head....


    P.S. I did want to let you all know that my Hubs thinks I spend entirely too much time on my laptop, so if I fail to post please know that those are probably days that he's home, and I'm trying to stay off of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment