Saturday, August 20, 2011

At last, knitting!

    At last is right! I got lots of things done early today, so now I have time to sit and knit and just relax! I made a list this morning, all the things I needed to do, the places I needed to go. And most of it is flea related. Yup, the fleas are back this year.
   So I went and bought the powder to sprinkle on our sectional, and a different one to sprinkle on the carpet. At some point tomorrow I will be vacuuming it all up again. The hardest part is moving all the stuff off the floor. I still haven't decided what to do with the excess karate trophies from the son's room. We have so many of these things, we'd need a bigger room in a bigger house to store them all.
   Now Hubs has left for work, and I can sprinkle the carpet. The good news is that he was pleased with all I got done today! He told me not to kill myself to get it all done, do a little each day. I told him that when I do it that way, it doesn't look like I've done anything! A big effort makes a big impact.
   Anyway, now I get to sit and knit. The shawl is coming along nicely. And I'm looking forward to the color changes. It even relaxes me to just knit one row and purl the next, mindlessly. Gotta love stockinette stitch. One of these days, I will have to crochet something, so I don't get out of practice! Wait, I forgot, I have an order for a 6 foot long purple afghan for a friend in Texas. I just need to nail down exactly what he expects, pattern wise.
   As I proof read this, it strikes me again, what is in my mind to write seems so much longer than the actual end product! When I'm thinking and planning what to write, it seems like pages and pages. What I read when I'm done seems very compact and brief! What's up with that? Maybe I can learn to stretch out my stories, with more in-depth descriptions, and junk. Could be I have a book in me after all?

1 comment:

  1. I think there's a book in you!

    I agree. I love stockinette for the sheer mindlessness of it!

    I love that: A big effort makes a big impact.

    ReplyDelete