Thursday, August 11, 2011

Got a lot of knitting done...

   I spent most of this evening with my best 9 year old friend, and her mom. We sat around watching the Disney Channel, and while we grown ups worked on our latest knitting projects, Miss Mellie put on a "pageant" which included her guinea pig, Fluffer. Her mom and I were the judges, so of course, Fluffer won, hands down. And I actually got a lot of knitting done! I am almost done with the knitted on border that goes on forever! Now I'm looking forward to blocking this shawl on my son's bed, while he's gone all day!
   Now I'm home in the land of grown ups, and watching one of the shows I like, Burn Notice. And I'm cooking my dinner, left over pizza. I am splurging tonight, and actually heating it up in the oven, not just nuking it in the microwave. Big treat for me.
  My most generous friend Kim gave me some more yarn while I was visiting! She is keeping me supplied while my spending is suspended due to lack of funds. What a great friend to have! And she gets to feel good too, since she can call it de-stashing! My Hubs doesn't approve, he says she's enabling me. But I love her in spite of this enabling and mean-girl-ness that I hear she has...
   Now I have to go, because my dinner is ready, and I'm hungry... Here's wishing you  a hot pepperoni pizza and garlic knots to all!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment