Monday, August 1, 2011

Pi Shawl Progress!

  My second Elizabeth Zimmermann Pi Shawl is nearly done! I finished the shawl proper today, and started the knitted-on border. YAY! I am very happy, I can't wait to see it all stretched out for blocking! It should end up bigger than the first one, which didn't stretch as much as I would have liked since it's 50% silk.
   I have to report that I was shocked by a recent catalog that I received from a company called Annie's Attic. There, in amongst all the other crochet patterns, was nestled a very familiar looking object... Elizabeth Zimmermann's Suprise Baby Jacket... but done in crochet!  The shocking part was that Mrs. Z didn't get any credit for the design. Just because it was done in crochet? It's still her one piece design! She should get the credit. The catalog even calls it a Suprise Baby Jacket, but nowhere is the name of the ORIGINAL designer, Elizabeth Zimmermann!! I tried to email her daughter at Schoolhouse Press, but my computer was unable to do so, something about a default email thing. So I thought I'd spread the word this way... to all the thousands of you who are reading this! Hahahahahaha.... See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment