Wednesday, August 24, 2011

In which I finally get to knit!

   Today I finally got to sit and knit! I switched colors last night, and made some good progress before I went to bed. I picked it up this morning and kept right on going!
   However, I did run into a problem. On the way back across a wrong side row, about half way, I realized I had done the center stitches in the wrong place!! I put it down,  totally disgusted with myself. After a little while, I talked myself into fixing it. So for an hour, I tinked the purl row, then back across the knit row. I even managed not to drop any stitches while tinking! That was a first for me. I successfully fixed my center stitches, and knit on. Whew! I'm glad it's over, but at least I know I can do it if I have to.
   After fixing my boo boo, I took my shawl outside and took some photos! I wanted to show the color change, and how much has been done with the new color.
   And a close up for good measure....

   My friend Kim dyes beautiful yarn!!
  Now I need to go start some laundry, and vacuum up all this flea powder...

No comments:

Post a Comment