Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Birthday Celebrations

   Yes, today was my birthday. Hubs took me out to dinner, we went to Billy Bob's BBQ, near Vassar College. A friend of mine from our former work opened it up with his family. It opened sometime last fall or winter, I think. This was the first time we were able to get there.

   I must say, I wish we had gone sooner! The food was really excellent, with large portions! We started with some chicken wings, in four different flavors. All were yummy! We sampled the Hot, Teriyaki, Honey Garlic and General Tso's flavors. Then Hubs had the PiggyMac, pulled pork, covered with mac n cheese then topped with bread crumbs. He really enjoyed it, even though he couldn't eat much of it.

   I had a traditional pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw on it. Also very yummy. I couldn't eat it all either, the portions were that large. It could be that we filled up on the wings...

   I had dessert also. I chose the raspberry cheesecake fritters. Oh. My. God. It came as three fritters, they were deep fried and topped with cinnamon sugar. They were so very rich!

   All in all, it was a very satisfying dinner! It was so good to see Bill, he was outside having a smoke when Hubs dropped me off and went in search of a parking space. I can't believe he remembered that I used to say that he was my favorite medium sized person! The first thing, he asked me if he still was. I said "yes!" and gave him a big hug!

   But I think the best part of the evening was when I was sung "Happy Birthday to You" by a really good friend and her delightful Cherub daughter, over the phone. That was a nice surprise!

   Now I'm all tired out and ready for bed. See y'all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment