Thursday, August 18, 2011

New shawl started!

   After spending a few days thinking about it, I have started my next shawl. And yes, I started thinking about it *before* the Pi shawl was done. In my stash, I have 2 balls of Chroma fingering weight that I bought from Knit Picks. It amazes me that with all the awesome colorways they offer, I chose "natural"! I have also been given a skein of beautiful hand dyed yarn from my friend Kim, of AtKnitsEndYarns, in a colorway experiment that she wasn't happy with. Its gorgeous, shades of pink, with natural also. Then there's another skein Kim gave me, in a beautiful bright fuschia. She told me it's just not her color, but she knew it was mine!
   My shawl is going to be done in stockinette stitch, to show off the different yarns and colors. It will start with the center top, and expand out from there. To explain better, the stitches on the needle (circular, of course) will be the two long sides, so it will look like V stripes when it's done.
   Anyway, I am starting with the natural, then moving to the hand painted shades of pink, then to the solid pink. Three stripes only, and when I come to the end of a color, I'm just gonna attach the new one, whether I'm at the end of a row or not. I am really looking forward to seeing this one, I wear a lot of pink, so I should get a lot of use out of this one!
   While I have you, I must tell you about how the Pi shawl came out! It's awesome. It's plenty big enough, and so pretty! And it only took four hours to dry. I was a little concerned about the purple section, as I had run out of the Malabrigo sock yarn. But the Malabrigo had quite a bit of purple in it, so the solid purple works, and looks great.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment