Friday, August 19, 2011

Yarn, storms and hail

  Good day! Today we were expecting thunderstorms, so I didn't uncover the Jeep and go anywhere. Besides, I am not all that eager to spread the fleas. Yes, we have fleas. Again. This time I think I caught it early, so it won't get insane like last year.
   Anyway, I decided to wind up the rest of the yarn for my newest shawl project. It's been staring at me, calling me, sending me subliminal messages. So I caved, got out my swift and ball winder, and wound my yarn. I enjoy seeing the swift spin, but do not enjoy the winding of the handle of the ball winder. By the time I'm done, I am usually in pain. This time wasn't too bad!
   I am making some solid progress on the shawl, and I'm looking forward to changing to the next yarn. It's getting bigger and bigger. I think I will be putting it on a bigger circular needle soon, I love to spread it out and see how it looks.
   Just as Hubs was getting in the shower today, We started hearing thunder. It got louder and closer, until I told him he better get outta here, or he was gonna get soaked on his way to the truck! Luckily the rain held off. But he called me from Fishkill, it was hailing there and they were marble sized!  He said it was hailing so hard, there was a coating of hailstones on the hood of his truck!
   He also told me that he would drive thru the hail, stop at a stop light, and the hail would catch up to him. Over and over this happened. Then finally it turned to just rain, just as he pulled onto the site. I wish I could have seen the hail.  
   Now I think the storms are over. I do love a good thunderstorm! I can feel the electricity in the air. It's very energizing.

1 comment: