Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blocking my shawl, what next?

   To my great delight, I got to block my 2nd Elizabeth Zimmermann Pi Shawl this morning! I had a few other things to do, phone calls to make, but suddenly found myself ready. While my shawl soaked in the bathroom sink, I went downstairs and started the pool filter, and did my other associated pool duties. Except the skimming. There was no point in that. On my way back upstairs, I gathered up the boggest pool towels.
   Meanwhile, in my bathroom sink, the water had drained out. I expected this, it won't hold water for some unknown reason. So I squeezed water out of my shawl, then set it to rinse in plain cool water, until that water drained out. I squeezed it out again.
   I took the pool towels and spread two of them on the floor of my son's room. I spread the shawl, folded in half, out on the towels. I folded the edges of the towels in on top of the shawl, so it was covered. Then I rolled the whole mess up, and moved it to the door, so I had something to hold on to for balance. I proceeded to stand on the towel roll, moving my feet from the edges to the middle. I repeated this several times, until my feel were getting wet. I unrolled my towels, and took out the shawl.
   I spread it out on my son's bed, centering it, and worked on the side nearest the wall first, then spread the rest of it out. It is definitely bigger than the indigo one! I am very pleased. And this time, like the last time, I didn't really need to use pins! I guess the fleece sheet on the bed put enough tension on the shawl to hold it in place. I turned on the fan in the window, and left, closing the door behind me.
   At that point, I got dressed, since I was meeting a friend for brunch at Cranberry's! I love going there, and can't wait for school to be back in session, so Stitch n Bitch can meet there again! It was nice to see Joni again! We talked for a long time. I asked her if she had applied for any jobs online. When she said no, I explained how absolutely annoying it is, since the first thing you have to do is attach your resume. Then they proceed to ask you all kinds of questions, the answers to which ARE IN YOUR RESUME.... It's getting to the point that I am going to begin putting "see my resume" as answers to these questions!
    Now that that's off my chest, I think I will go check on my shawl! It's been three hours, and in this heat, it just might be dry! Until tomorrow, then!

No comments:

Post a Comment