Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Frustrations!

   Today has been an extremely frustrating day. I have not been able to knit at all today. Instead, I've been at war with fleas. Yes, again this year, we are having a flea problem. And again, they are resisting my attempts to train them for my imagined "world famous" flea circus. Fleas are not as smart as people think.
   I spent a few hours a number of days ago, sprinkling the citrus scented powder on my carpet, then getting the broom and sweeping it in, according to the manufacturers instructions. Later that day, after I could breathe again, I did the sprinkling thing to the couch, which I then covered with clean sheets to keep the chemicals off of us as we use it. The next day, it was time to vacuum the carpets. While I was doing that, I noticed the vacuum was moving easily, it wasn't hard to push at all. I figured someone had adjusted the height to the wrong setting.
   Today when I emptied the canister, I didn't even notice the filter was missing. I had just noticed the canister was full, I couldn't see the filter. When I went to use the stupid thing, it started blowing dirt out the vent. I stopped and asked Beloved Hubs for help. He ended up accusing me of dumping the filter out and not putting it back in. I didn't. The filter wasn't in the bag of dirt I had just dumped, (he emptied it and searched) so that would mean it wasn't in the canister to begin with. But I did something wrong. Uh-huh.
   So I went to the appliance store on 9G and got a new filter. Now the vacuum was hard to push, like it usually is. Nice. So I finished vacuuming the floor, then uncovered the couch one section at a time, and vacuumed each one thoroughly.
   Now it's almost 3:30 and I'm exhausted. I wonder if Beloved Hubs would object if I knit for a while? I think I'll wait until he's napping.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry but this brought a smile to my face. I hope the fleas have fled!

    ReplyDelete