Friday, August 26, 2011

Preparing for Irene, and other stuff too

   This morning, Hubs and I discussed what needs to be done to prepare for the coming hurricane. Mostly outdoor stuff needs to be moved indoors. Easy, right? Maybe not. We have so much stuff just hanging around outside, especially after living here for twenty years. I imagine some of it we can throw away, but I need him to help me decide. I have a feeling that whatever I decide to dispose of will be of vital importance to him!
   So a lot of it will have to wait until tomorrow. He's sleeping today because he works tonight, but when he gets home in the morning his weekend starts. He will probably stay up and we will sort and argue, dispose of and argue, and store and argue. But in the meantime, I will do what I can.
   Today I received a check, a friend wants me to make him an afghan. Why he needs one, when he lives in Texas, is beyond me. But I adore shopping for yarn, so I went.  I immediately changed my mind about which yarn I wanted to use, and found some of what I did want to use, in the color he wants, in my stash! Sweet! So when I got the craft store, I headed right to the yarn as usual. (Side bar - you know you spend too much time in the craft store when the employees know you by name!)The other color he wants in his afghan? They don't have any in the right yarn. I find a compatible yarn in a good color, and they only have three skeins of it. I buy what they have and head to the second choice craft store, which is in the same plaza. They have the second color, but not the first! We are talking purple as the first color, and gray as the second here. I wanted to pick up another skein of the purple, so I have enough to get a good start on the afghan. But I am not going back to the first store. I will make do with what I have, for now. I should be able to get a good start on his afghan, and send him pics.
   I tried to take a photo of the purple yarn yesterday, in a basket, but it looked blue. I wasn't happy. The sun is shining now, so maybe I will try again.
   I am way too busy today to knit, maybe I will get a chance later, after Hubs goes to work. I also want to start the crocheted afghan! I'm looking forward to that!
   With this stupid hurricane coming, we may lose power for a few days, so I may be out of touch. Here's hoping Irene heads out to sea! If you believe in it, pray for us. As for me, I will concentrate really hard and give it a "GNUH" or two, or three.  That's the only way I can think of to spell the sound I use. If it works on football players on television, it should work on the stupid hurricane! Here's hoping we make it through this!

No comments:

Post a Comment