Sunday, August 7, 2011

Breathing update, and more

   Well, today I can report that I'm breathing much better! I listened to Hubs and turned on the portable a.c. unit we brought home from the Fishkill house. It's working really well. I didn't turn it on yesterday, because it wasn't hot, just really humid. And frankly, it didn't occur to me! Today is humid too, but it's also hotter than yesterday. And thunderstorms are still predicted for later on today.
   So now it's on to knitting news. I am making some real progress on the border of my second Pi Shawl. It's so pretty, made in a Malabrigo sock yarn. I only had two hanks, so I bought some solid purple sock yarn to end it with. I did the last ten rounds lacey, with YO, K2tog for one round, then straight knit the next, then repeat the rounds.  I finished with the straight knit round, then added another before I started the knit-on border.
   It's so cool, watching the border grow. I've even had time today to work on it. In between washing dishes and doing some laundry. It feels good to be able to do these things, as I couldn't yesterday.  Let's all hope it continues to get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment