Thursday, August 25, 2011

The bestest people were born in August...

   I'm just sayin' is all... Not only me, but bunches of other people too. I've had more facebook friends with birthdays this month than any other month! And I can't forget my cousin Dana, who shares my birthday with me; next Tuesday, for those who need to know.
   Actually, it's not a birthday I'm looking forward to, who wants to be a speed limit age?
I know it's only a number, and I truly don't feel as old as I am. Usually. It helps being married to a man 8 years younger than myself!
   But this is not exactly what I wanted to talk about today. This morning, I went to visit a friend. We have been crocheting together since we were both laid off 2+ years ago. Well, now she's gotten herself a "part time" job. It's really cutting into her friend and crafting time! Not to mention her family time!
   Anyway, I took my camera with me on my visit today. I've sorta decided to take it with me everywhere I go these days. I took a few photos today at her house, when we were out in the craft room.


This is the back of her unco-operative dog, she wouldn't let me take a picture of her face... Isn't she cute?
   I was hoping to find some purple yarn in my stash that lives at her house, but there wasn't any. I did find some in my stash here, though, when I got home. I still need to buy some more purple, and some gray. A friend in Texas would like me to make him an afghan. I don't think it needs to be heavy, it's still in the triple digits, heatwise... Maybe I could make it out of ice.
   Time to sign off, I think I'm getting punchy...

No comments:

Post a Comment