Sunday, August 28, 2011

In which I dance in the hurricane rain...

   It's just after 11 a.m. here and the hurricane is still here, but seems to be petering out. We have not lost power, at least not yet, and have minimal water in the basement. And yes, I did go out and dance in the rain. I just wanted to be able to say I did it. I really wanted to do it skyclad, but Hubs frowned upon that idea. I still might, but later tonight after dark, when I won't freak out the new neighbors.

   I've been up since pretty early, at least for me. It feels a lot later than it is. I'm tired and could use a nap. A few hours ago I suggested to Hubs that we should drain some water out of the pool, we don't want it overflowing. He agreed, so we went down and turned the filter on, then set it to backwash. It took a long time to drain low enough, even with the rain coming down so hard! We sat and played backgammon, which I won as usual. I believe it was three out of five...

   I have had to go out once so far and bail the water out of the Jeep cover. There was a lot of water in there. I have to keep a better eye on it, so it doesn't get so full. As I was bailing, I was wishing I had parked him tucked closer under his tree. I got soaked during that activity, and that was when I danced, on my way back to the house.

   I also hope to work on the hurricane afghan today, yes I want to crochet for a while. But first I want to shower, I got all sweaty vacuuming the flea powder off the couch. I put the sheets that were covering it in the wash, and have to wait for them to be done before I take a nice hot shower. After they are dry, I will re-cover the couch again just to be safe.

   Hubs has gone to Ti-Yogi for a while, to shoot. He needs to get in some practice, hunting season is just around the corner. For those of you who don't know, Ti-Yogi is a bow club. He's been a member for quite a few years now. They are a good bunch of guys, and even some women belong now. The club has a connection to Eleanor Roosevelt, she was an avid bow woman, and the club is named after her pet ocelot, I think. I know it was a wild cat of some kind. They have pictures of her at the club.

   So it seems the hurricane isn't as bad as they thought. I can only say thank the Goddess, and Yippee Skippee...  Of course, it's not over yet, and the lights have flickered a little while ago, so we could still lose power. But all in all I think we will be ok. And the one tree that Hubs was concerned about still stands.... so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment