Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Karate School Picnic!

   Today was the annual karate school picnic. We usually have a really good time. This year, however, it was raining and I think that's why so many people didn't show up. There was supposed to be contest for the best tasting ribs. But no one who came brought any. There were lots of salads to eat, four different macaroni salads and a cole slaw. There were also several batches of cookies, and some brownies too. They were all good! One adult student brought the only warm food, some corn on the cob... it was yummy!
   The kids all went swimming, and most of the adults played volleyball. It rained on them the whole time, and they all got wet! No one seemed to mind getting wet. I am not athletically inclined, so I sat at a picnic table and worked on my knitting. I got quite a lot done today!
   It did get chilly, though, so I eventually put on my sweater. We called it a day early, around 4 pm. Some people had to leave for various reasons, and I think the rest of us had had enough of the frivolity.
   All in all, it was nice to see everyone who came, I just wish more people had come. Well, there's always next year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment