Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Blowing My Own Horn

   So that never ending scarf for Samantha, Bonny's daughter, is finally done! And I've started searching my stash for yarn for my first knitted baby blanket. I got out my stitch pattern book, and found a few stitches I'd like to try making it in. The one I started with uses two different size needles, I'm using US 9 and US 17. I've got the bottom border done, and a few rows of the body of the blanket.

   I wanted to knit a blanket, because they are lighter weight than crocheted blankets. Besides, I already have a plethora of crocheted blankets. I've never knitted one. This way, no matter what season a baby is born in, there will be appropriate weight blankets waiting for him/her. I also want to knit the E.Z. surprise baby sweater, which I'm pretty sure I mentioned before. I need to search my stash to see if I have eough of a good yarn for that. In all the photos I've seen, it's shown in stripes, but I want to make it a solid color.

   And that's all I have for today! Scarf finished, and blanket started! I promise, I will get around to finishing up all those WIPs in my bag....

No comments:

Post a Comment