Thursday, March 29, 2012

In Which I Go To A Play

   My good friend Kim has a daughter who is nine years old. She is a friend of mine too. She is the best nine year old friend I have had, since I was nine myself. Little Cherub decided that this year she wanted to be in the school play. She auditioned, and got a part. Not a large part, but a good one. She has been in rehearsals for at least a month.


   Tonight, I got to go to the premiere of Pinocchio. I have to say, I wasn't looking forward to it. But I put on my big girl panties, and went. I have to say, I am glad I did. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they managed to pull it off. I was pleased with the audience participation as well! That was unexpected.


   And, as a bonus, I remembered something of my own theatrical past. I remembered that I was in the 5th grade play, back at Putnam Valley Central School. This was also a production of Pinocchio. I even remembered that I played Lefty the Cat. I can remember twirling my tail. This must have been in the 1966-1967 school year. I did the math, since I left the summer after 7th grade, in 1969.

  
    All in all, I had a good time at the play tonight. I am glad I went. It sure was better than suffering through my daughter's elementary school band concerts!! I used to have to take tissues, when I could be convinced to go, since they were so bad it would bring tears to my eyes...  My apologies to my beloved Sara.

2 comments: